[Spacewalk-list] Script to cleanup obsolete packages in channels

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Apr 17 22:47:10 UTC 2012

On 04/17/2012 04:24 AM, pradelles nicolas wrote:
> Please find attached a little script who cleanup obsolete and unused
> packages in all channels on a spacewalk server. It is a very preliminary
> version, so be indulgent;)
>
> You have to modify lines 26-29 to comply with your spacewalk configuration.

Thanks for this. I needed it already on my first spacewalk install when
I messed up my channel layout. Apparently a repo sync doesn't work if
the packages already exist on the file system. After setting up a
channel, adding a repo, and syncing, I had packages in my channel.
However, I had to delete the channel and set it up again. When I hit
"Sync" my package count stayed at 0. I ran your script and ran "Sync"
again and I had packages in my channel again.