[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-dobby problem

spacewalk at aukes.com spacewalk at aukes.com
Wed Aug 1 19:20:53 UTC 2012

Hi Jan,

>>> (1 row)ERROR:  relation "rhn_appinst_instance_id_seq" does not existLINE 1:
>> select pg_catalog.setval('rhn_appinst_instance_id_seq', 1,
>> f...                                 ^
>>

> This means the schema that you've dumped is of version 1.6, or your
> original upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 failed. In any case, if loading the
> dump failed this way, your database is in inconsistent state and I
> don't recomment proceeding with using it.

Actually, before dumping the database that I was trying to restore, I did a
'yum update' on the Spacewalk server and a spacewalk-schema-upgrade. I can't
imagine it really is a version 1.6 database.

>> root at solar data# /usr/bin/spacewalk-schema-upgrade Schema upgrade:
>> [spacewalk-schema-1.8.66-1.el5] -> [spacewalk-schema-1.8.66-1.el5]
>> Your database schema already matches the schema package version
>> [spacewalk-schema-1.8.66-1.el5].
>
> Is this command run on the Oracle (before dump) or on PostgreSQL
> installation?

Before the dump.

>> Could that be the problem? (I'm running nightly builds)
>
> I don't recommend running nightly builds unless for testing as you
> won't be able to upgrade to 1.8 once it is released.

Actually I'm using Spacewalk for my home environment (which is about 15
servers big), so it was fairly easy to setup a new Spacewalk server. It was
a pleasure to use the excelent documentation!

I will destroy the 'nightly builds' server and have already installed a new
Spacewalk server on CentOS 6 using PostgreSQL as a database.

Thank you!

Jasper