[Spacewalk-list] yum update does not see any new packages from a spacewalk server for a very long time.

Baptiste AGASSE baptiste.agasse at lyra-network.com
Fri Aug 3 11:50:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

It seems that i had the same issue.

Spacewalk server: 1.7 on CentOS 6.3
Spacewalk clients: Centos 6.3

- On spacewalk webui i can see updates for my clients, but:
   * When i run "yum update " on clients they said "No Packages marked for Update".
   * When i push updates from spacewalk server and then run rhn_check -vvv, it said 'Error while executing packages action: empty transaction', {}) (0, 'rpm database not modified since last update (or package list recently updated)', {})
- No packages excluded by yum configuration

What i've done to fix it (maybe some steps are not required)

- I've removed repodate and reposync on spacewalk server (/var/cache/rhn/repdata/*, /var/cache/rhn/reposync/* )
- I've restarted taskomatic.
- I've run reposync for all channels
- I've removed yum cache on clients (/var/cache/yum/*)
- Then run yum update on client and it show updates.

Have a nice day.

Regards.

Baptiste AGASSE