[Spacewalk-list] Oracle bites again (ORA-02291)

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 13:01:08 UTC 2012

Eugene wrote:
% In the message
% https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-March/msg00014.html
% I clearly said that 11.2.0.2 and newer are not working. Downgrade to
% 11.2.0.1 and you won't see any errors.

That's not correct. I run number of test spacewalk installation with
Oracle 11.2.0.3 EE without any problems.

The issue is not reproducible on Oracle 11.2.0.3 EE we use. So your
database most likely uses some advanced options we don't (e.g some of
RAC, Partitioning, Data Mining, Warehouse, Compression,... whatever) and
they make the difference.

% Jan keeps saying that "We were never able to reproduce those
% internally" for several months. I have an impression that all attempts
% to reproduce were done on 11.2.0.1. It took me no time to reproduce on
% anything newer then 11.2.0.1. Fresh install failed every single time
% on several different systems. Please see archives mentioned.

Jan keeps saying: if you pay money to Oracle for their database and it
doesn't work, ask their support.
Or ask them to open their sources so people from community can help. :)

% Eugene.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat