[Spacewalk-list] Oracle bites again (ORA-02291)

Eugene eugene at bct.bz
Tue Aug 7 23:13:39 UTC 2012

06.08.2012, 02:28, "Jan Pazdziora" <jpazdziora at redhat.com>:

> Ranting about Spacewalk developers' inability will not solve the
> issue, will it?
>
> --
> Jan Pazdziora
> Principal Software Engineer, Satellite Engineering, Red Hat

Clarification: I was ranting about inability (or a lack of any visible desire) to reproduce. I never said fix. Although upon reproducing developers could probably simplify the logic to avoid hitting introduced in Oracle version 11.2.0.2.0 optimization or find an Oracle switch to turn the offending optimization off.

Granted, this is open source, open support etc., etc. That is why I chose quietly downgrading to  11.2.0.1.0 with no optimization and working on evaluating spacewalk itself instead of dealing with Oracle.

Eugene.