[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.6 bug - selecting el5 and el6 does not get all

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 07:06:22 UTC 2012

On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:26:58 +0200 Mario Mikocevic
<mario.mikocevic at t-com.hr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just hit an interesting bug -
>
> I have a mix of CentOS 5 and CentOS 6 servers all registered
> in the same organization.
>
> When I tried to upgrade the same rpm packet in both version
> releases, I went to Systems, Select All, Manage, Upgrade, then
> selected all occurances of that rpm packet.
>
> After next step (Upgrade Selected Packages) I got a list of
> servers *but* some servers from CentOS 5 farm were *missing*
> in that list.
>
> If I select only CentOS 5 version (.el5.) of package then I do
> get all servers on the list.
>
> What could be wrong ?
>

> Spacewalk 1.6 on CentOS 5.8

Say you select update to kernel-123-1.el5 + kernel-123-1.el6.
Which version of kernel have these systems which are missing in
final overview? Do they have correct channels enabled? Could you
provide exact example of which package do you attempt to update
and in which version it is installed on a target systems?

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Hutar     Systems Management QA