[Spacewalk-list] osa-dispatcher and jabber

rhn-satellite at epperson.homelinux.net rhn-satellite at epperson.homelinux.net
Tue Aug 14 16:36:48 UTC 2012

On Tue, August 14, 2012 11:46, Anton Pritchard-Meaker wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry for sending this out, but I've run into a problem I can't get
> around. I've had Spacewalk up and running and can update systems
> (initiated from the client via yum), but I can't get osad-dispatcher
> going.
>
> Selinux is disabled as is the firewall.
>
> Here's the error I get:
>
> [root at c4t-space01 pid]# /etc/init.d/jabberd restart
> Terminating jabberd processes ...
> Stopping router:                                           [  OK  ]
> Stopping sm:                                               [FAILED]
> Stopping c2s:                                              [FAILED]
> Stopping s2s:                                              [  OK  ]
> Initializing jabberd processes ...
> Starting router:                                           [  OK  ]
> Starting sm:                                               [  OK  ]
> Starting c2s:                                              [  OK  ]
> Starting s2s:                                              [  OK  ]
> [root at c4t-space01 pid]# ls
> router.pid  s2s.pid
>
> [root at c4t-space01 pid]# /etc/init.d/osa-dispatcher restart
> Shutting down osa-dispatcher:                              [  OK  ]
> Starting osa-dispatcher: RHN 19797 2012/08/14 15:13:18 +01:00: ('Traceback
> (most recent call last):\n  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line
> 252, in setup_connection\n    c = self._get_jabber_client(js)\n  File
> "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 309, in _get_jabber_client\n
> c.connect()\n  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 567, in
> connect\n    jabber.Client.connect(self)\n  File
> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/jabber/xmlstream.py", line 488, in
> connect\n    raise socket.error("Unable to connect to the host and port
> specified")\nerror: Unable to connect to the host and port specified\n',)
>                                                            [  OK  ]

No need for apology, you can bang your head against this one for a long
time without figuring it out.  It took RH support weeks to figure it out
and give a workaround.

jabberd needs both its ".db" and Oracle database entries reset.  I've had
to do it so many times that I scripted it:

#!/bin/bash
# reset jabberd database entries per case 00627769
set -x
service osa-dispatcher stop
service jabberd stop
rm -f /var/lib/jabberd/db/*
 sqlplus $(spacewalk-cfg-get default_db) <<ENDOFSQL
delete from rhnPushDispatcher;
delete from rhnpushclient;
commit;
quit;