[Spacewalk-list] Debian/Ubuntu spacewalk help - need assistance with setting up Debian/ubuntu channels/repos/client.

Morgan Cox morgancoxuk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:42:40 UTC 2012

Hi

is there any other info anywhere abouts adding ubuntu + debian
channels/repos and clients ?

I have seen the debian section here :-

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients, but just

managed to break apt on a server attempting to set it up (fixed now..)

I am also not sure about the URL's to use , etc when adding a debian
channel/repo
- what is the ' Repository URL*' for (example) Debian *squeeze*

I tried ' /usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel  debian6-x86-64  --type apt '

but got - Channel has no URL associated

Where can I find out what I should be using for debian/ubuntu?

Is debian support really a no go at present ?

I notice that Ubuntu now has official spacewalk packages in its repos - i.e

http://packages.ubuntu.com/quantal/apt-transport-spacewalk

Regards