[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk/Postgresql database issues

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 13:53:09 UTC 2012

Are you running monitoring in spacewalk. If so that may be the culprit its
a known issue in spacewalk 1.7 with postgresql.
You can use pgpool (connectoin pooling proxy) to consolidate and reuse the
connections, but due to an other know bug in 1.7 you would have to change
the port postgresql listens on and put pgpool on that postgresqls port
instead.
You also may want to try doing an analyze if there have been a lot of
changes in the database so its planner statistics become more acurate.
And as always with postgresql its best to plan to do a full vaccum analyze
on a regular basis. While the auto vacuum introduced in the 8 series
reduces the need for it, it doesn't completely eliminate it.