[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk 1.7 centos 6.2/6.3 package not shown via yum

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 13:02:27 UTC 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:31:51 +0200 "Max Vernimmen"
<m.vernimmen at comparegroup.eu> wrote:

> Hi list,
>

> We've been running spacewalk 1.7 with postgresql for a while
> now and it's working nicely. Today a user asked me why he
> couldn't install perl-MIME-tools-5.427-4.el6.noarch, it was
> nowhere to be found via yum. When looking in spacewalk it
> turns out this is a package that is part of the centos-base
> and was available on the spacewalk server. A 'yum clean
> metadata' and a 'yum clean all' did not help. There were no
> conflicting yum repositories configured on the server. Yum
> search did not list this package as available. But I could
> install the package without any problem whatsoever when
> installing it through spacewalk.
>

> Shouldn't yum be able to do the same? What could be the
> possible cause for this? I have another system with the same
> symptom.
>

> Probably just a lack of knowledge on some aspect on my side,
> so I'm sorry to bother you with this question if it should be
> obvious.
>

> Kind regards,
>

> Max Vernimmen

Hello,
this should not happen - you are right. Check:

 * if you can download package from WebUI (if it was correctly
   downloaded)
 * if your channel have repodata regenerated after the package
   was added
 * if is your taskomatic running (`service taskomatic status`)

Maybe this can help,
Jan

--
Jan Hutar     Systems Management QA