[Spacewalk-list] Recommended way to uninstall Spacewalk

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Thu Aug 30 05:01:29 UTC 2012

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:53:41 -0400 Giovanni Torres
<giovtorres at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a "clean" or recommended way to uninstall spacewalk
> on a system?  Is it a matter of just doing yum remove
> spacewalk* and perhaps going back and cleaning up some
> directories if they didn't get deleted?  Ultimately, I need to
> uninstall and then reinstall spacewalk. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,Giovanni

Hello,
no way I know about. You can uninstall all package-names you see
in Spacewalk installation repo, but that will not help with
dependencies which were brought from your operating system repo.
Also some config files might stay on your system (because of
some hidden bugs).

If you want to install Spacewalk on such a system again, I do
not recommend. Please reinstall the system.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Hutar     Systems Management QA