[Spacewalk-list] Firewall requires internal Mirroring EPEL and spacewalk repos

rhn-satellite at epperson.homelinux.net rhn-satellite at epperson.homelinux.net
Thu Aug 30 13:41:32 UTC 2012

On Thu, August 30, 2012 08:55, Boyd, Robert wrote:
> Jan,
>
> I don't comprehend what you are suggesting.
>
> The instructions clearly require the installation of the spacewalk client
>  prior to completing the registration.
>
> The clients I am working with are inside a firewall so they do not have
> access to the Internet directly.  This means they must be provided with
> access to the client software by having a repository accessible inside
> the firewall.
>
> Is there some way to register a client before installing the
> spacewalk-client packages?

We do it on RHN Satellite with a bootstrap.sh script which installs the
certificate and client tools, and registers the client.  There's a
rhn-bootstrap command to create a script prototype.  There's doc on how to
edit and use it embedded in the generated script.

Manpage at:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/45/idpl/17612362/numer/1/nazwa/rhn-bootstrap