[Spacewalk-list] Interactive install using Spacewalk/Cobbler

Velayutham, Prakash Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Thu Aug 30 17:21:48 UTC 2012

On Aug 30, 2012, at 12:55 AM, Jan Hutař wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 03:08:15 +0000 "Velayutham, Prakash"
> <Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In some instances I want to perform an interactive install of
>> OS but still want to use the PXE/DHCP setup that
>> Spacewalk/Cobbler provides. Is this possible? If yes, what
>> options do I enable for this to work in the Kickstart
>> generation page?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Prakash
>
> I have not tried, but you can try to:
>  Kickstart Details -> Advanced Options -> interactive (check this)
>
> Is it working for you?
>
> Regards,
> Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the response. I tried that, but it does not work. For some reason, it goes through partitioning, software selection etc. screens without any interaction. Also, I cannot seem to get the GUI installation even though I have that checkbox checked in the "Advanced Options". Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Prakash