[Spacewalk-list] Need commands both before and after update

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:25:12 UTC 2012

While in theory that sonds like a great idea I can see a few problems with
doing it that way.
1) don't you have to re-enable the monitoring after the reboot
2) you have enter the actions in every time you push an update any way.
3) there is some planing being done to add a reboot requiered field in the
future either throught the errata or the rpm itself the holdup is those are
larger dicussions because they don't just effect spacewalk.

For this level of complexity I would either write a script that directly
used the apis or use a full scheduler like jobscheduler from SOS Berlin.
The scheduler rought is the more robust route because it will allow to
define more robust workflows which could be triggered by spacewalk or vica
versa