[Spacewalk-list] error registering system to a group when there are multiple users with different permissions.

john miller johnmille1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:17:50 UTC 2012

When I try to register a system with an activation key that is part of a
group I get the error:

Error Message:
    Failed to add server to group testing
Error Class Code: 80
Error Class Info: There was an error while trying to join the system to its
groups
Explanation:
     An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
     persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
     If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
     details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
     details on how to reproduce this problem.

The system is supposed to register and be added to 2 groups, one of which
is the testing group in the error message.

It is weird because the systems successfully registers if all of the users
are Organization Administrators. If I limit the users to the appropriate
groups (1 user dev, 1 user test, 1 user prod) then it fails with the above
message.