[Spacewalk-list] updating a client from outside spacewalk

Ege Turgay ege.turgay at maglabs.net
Wed Feb 8 13:21:08 UTC 2012

I think you need to make sure rhn_plugin is enabled on yum

ie. yum-rhn-plugin-1.6.16-1.el5
and it's enabled in
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf

if you update the package by using "rpm", I think you need to refresh
the package list by selecting one or more systems and
System Set Manager -> Update Software profile

as it states in the same page "If you've changed hardware on your system
or have manually installed RPMs, and those changes are not appearing on
Spacewalk, you need to schedule a profile update."

Ege