[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-repo-sync taking over a minute to report no updates needed

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 09:24:04 UTC 2012

Jeremy Davis wrote:
% Hello List,
%
%      I have a Spacewalk 1.6 installation that has channels with over 2000+
% packages in them. With these packages the initial sync completes and all
% packages are in Spacewalk. When I perform additional syncs to determine if
% there are any new packages the sync takes over a minute to report that
% there are no new packages to sync. For example I have a channel with 2764
% packages. The total time that is displayed on this sync was 0:01:08. This
% to me seems like a really long time just to report there are no updates. Is
% there any way to speed this sync up? Thank you for your time and have a
% great day!

Spacewalk-repo-sync check whether package metadata and packages
themselves are in place. It possibly could be faster. We are not working
on this now but we would be happy to apply patch for that.

% Regards,
% Jeremy

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat