[Spacewalk-list] ERROR: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'> : 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

Josh Preston JoshPreston at dswinc.com
Tue Feb 21 00:35:54 UTC 2012

>> When trying to build a channel with the following command:
>> rhnpush --server localhost -u **** -p **** --channel centos-61 /var/distro-trees/CentOS-6.1/Packages/*.rpm
>>
>> I get the following error at the prompt:
>>   While running 'packages.channelPackageSubscriptionBySession': caught
>> <type 'exceptions.TypeError'> : 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

> I was not able to reproduce your issue. Does this error persist? Could
> you please file a bugzilla?

---

I have only experienced this issue when pushing large amounts of RPMs locally on the spacewalk / satellite (which is more than likely resource starved).  I solved this problem by not pushing all RPMs (say more than 1-2k) at once with one command; rather processing them one by one or in groups at a time with the shell.

For example, when pushing the RPMs locally, run it in a shell for loop:

$ for RPM in /mnt/to/rpms/*.rpm; do rhnpush --server localhost -u **** -p **** --channel centos-61 $RPM; done

It takes slightly longer to push them all, but it works successfully every time.

What's interesting is that I've never experienced this issue when pushing them from a remote system (such as a local workstation or build system).

Hope that helps.