[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Proxy 1.6 and non-self signed certificates

Scott Worthington scott.c.worthington at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:31:16 UTC 2012

> Looking at the configure-proxy.sh code, the you just use the
> --force-own-ca to create CA and certificate from scratch, and then you
> replace the CA chain, certificate and its key with your own. In other
> words, it's a workaround to get you through the configuration, not a
> proper support for external CA.
>
> --
> Jan Pazdziora
> Principal Software Engineer, Satellite Engineering, Red Hat

Hello,

I believe to have everything configured and installed properly with regards
to my external cert and activating the Spacewalk Proxy 1.6.

The output from the /usr/bin/rhn-proxy-activate:
API version: 1.6
RHN Proxy scuccessfully activated.

However, when I use the Spacwalk web GUI and do the following:
Click on Systems  --> Click on the Spacewalk Proxy server name 'spacewalk-proxy'
--> then under 'Details' click on the 'Proxy' link.  The next page says:

Permission Error

You do not have the appropriate permission set to access the requested page.
You may have reached this error page in one of several ways:
   1. Your login session has expired. For security reasons, Red Hat
Network terminates
your login session after 15 minutes of inactivity. To sign in again, click here.
   2. You've found an error in our site. Please contact your Support
representative with
details of how you received this message.
   3. Your browser does not have cookies enabled. The Red Hat Network
requires cookies
in order to function; if you have disabled them, please re-enable them
to use the site.
   4. You've done something naughty. Stop it.

1. --> The session was valid (it did not timeout)
2. --> Perhaps this is the problem... (?)
3. --> Cookies are enabled.
4. --> I may have done something naughty, I suppose.

I looked in /var/log/tomcat6/catalina.out on the Spacewalk Server
expecting an error
message, but there is none.

Since the Spacewalk Proxy successfully activated to Spacewalk, I
assumed all was go.

Any idea where else I should look to find out why I am getting a
permission error?

Thank you in advance.