[Spacewalk-list] package removal problem in 1.4

VAN LIEDEKERKE Franky ATO-TOB franky.vanliedekerke.awlbe at atos.net
Mon Jan 9 10:22:14 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I seem to have a problem removing a package from a channel. Let me describe the situation:

-          We have some custom packages in a separate channel in spacewalk

-          It seems that a colleague of mine created a new version of a package, ran reposync; updated the package again (keeping the version the same) and ran reposync again

The result is that in /var/satellite/redhat/, I now have 2 occurrences of the same package name (since the md5sum differs), but in spacewalk only the “oldest” one is being used.
I wanted to clean up the situation by removing the package from spacewalk, but it seems that even though spacewalk uses only one package, the 2 are somehow present in the database resulting in an error when trying to remove the package (see below). So I was wondering if there’s any method of forcibly removing the problem entries from the database?

The tomcat catalina error:

2012-01-09 11:17:21,802 [TP-Processor8] WARN  org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor - Unhandled Exception thrown: class com.redhat.rhn.common.db.ConstraintViolationException
2012-01-09 11:17:21,803 [TP-Processor8] ERROR com.redhat.rhn.frontend.servlets.SessionFilter - Error during transaction. Rolling back
javax.servlet.ServletException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (SPACEWALK_MAIN.RHN_CNP_CID_NID_UQ) violated
ORA-06512: at "SPACEWALK_MAIN.RHN_CHANNEL", line 1087
ORA-06512: at line 1

        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:535)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:433)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:237)
        at com.redhat.rhn.frontend.struts.RhnRequestProcessor.process(RhnRequestProcessor.java:82)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at com.redhat.rhn.frontend.servlets.AuthFilter.doFilter(AuthFilter.java:101)
…
<snip>
…
Caused by: com.redhat.rhn.common.db.ConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (SPACEWALK_MAIN.RHN_CNP_CID_NID_UQ) violated
ORA-06512: at "SPACEWALK_MAIN.RHN_CHANNEL", line 1087
ORA-06512: at line 1

       at com.redhat.rhn.common.translation.SqlExceptionTranslator.oracleSQLException(SqlExceptionTranslator.java:77)
        at com.redhat.rhn.common.translation.SqlExceptionTranslator.sqlException(SqlExceptionTranslator.java:42)
        at com.redhat.rhn.common.db.NamedPreparedStatement.execute(NamedPreparedStatement.java:118)
        at com.redhat.rhn.common.db.datasource.CachedStatement.executeCallable(CachedStatement.java:511)
        at com.redhat.rhn.common.db.datasource.CallableMode.execute(CallableMode.java:34)
        at com.redhat.rhn.domain.channel.ChannelFactory.refreshNewestPackageCache(ChannelFactory.java:610)
        at com.redhat.rhn.manager.channel.ChannelManager.refreshWithNewestPackages(ChannelManager.java:179)
        at com.redhat.rhn.manager.channel.ChannelManager.refreshWithNewestPackages(ChannelManager.java:166)
        at com.redhat.rhn.frontend.action.channel.manage.ChannelPackagesRemoveAction.removePackages(ChannelPackagesRemoveAction.java:117)
        at com.redhat.rhn.frontend.action.channel.manage.ChannelPackagesRemoveAction.execute(ChannelPackagesRemoveAction.java:92)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
        ... 40 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (SPACEWALK_MAIN.RHN_CNP_CID_NID_UQ) violated
ORA-06512: at "SPACEWALK_MAIN.RHN_CHANNEL", line 1087
ORA-06512: at line 1

        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.checkError(T2CConnection.java:759)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.checkError(T2CConnection.java:661)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CCallableStatement.executeForDescribe(T2CCallableStatement.java:544)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CCallableStatement.executeForRows(T2CCallableStatement.java:727)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1315)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3576)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3677)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleCallableStatement.execute(OracleCallableStatement.java:4714)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.execute(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1374)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyCallableStatement.execute(NewProxyCallableStatement.java:2706)
        at com.redhat.rhn.common.db.NamedPreparedStatement.execute(NamedPreparedStatement.java:115)
        ... 48 more
2012-01-09 11:17:21,817 [TP-Processor8] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/rhn].[action] - Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
[...]

With friendly regards,

Franky

________________________________

Atos Worldline SA/NV - Chaussee de Haecht 1442 Haachtsesteenweg
- 1130 Brussels - Belgium
RPM-RPR Bruxelles-Brussel - TVA-BTW BE 0418.547.872
Bankrekening-Compte Bancaire-Bank Account 310-0269424-44
BIC BBRUBEBB - IBAN BE55 3100 2694 2444

"The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment thereto is confidential and may contain information which is protected by intellectual property rights.
This information is intended for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) named above.
This e-mail does not constitute any binding relationship or offer toward any of the addressees.
If you are not one of the addressees , one of their employees or a proxy holder entitled to hand over this message to the addressee(s), any use of the information contained herein (e.g. reproduction, divulgation, communication or distribution,...) is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and destroy it immediately after.
The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed and it may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, for which we accept no liability."