[Spacewalk-list] clone-errata ChanMap advice

John McCoy jhmccoy at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 12 19:17:05 UTC 2012

Hey Andy thanks for the reply.

RE: apply RHEL errata to CentOS: Ya I tend to do things a little
differently, but I normally get there. CentOS is typically used for
"customers" and getting them to apply patches is as we all know painful
at best so  being able to know when they are needed is really beneficial
to both my workflow and applying pressure when patching is needed.

CentOS announces errata notifications just like RH. I can forward you a
few if you wish.
Is there a web resource to pull them from like you do with RH I'm unsure
of. The CentOS announcements actually point back to RH for the real
description so the errata seem to follow a very 1 to 1 relationship.
Clearly the underling packages are different though.

 In general what I've done seems to be working great the CentOS 5
clients are getting the proper errata's listed but the 6 clients are not
getting any listings.

I'm happy to help in anyway I can at digging up CentOS info and testing.
However my Python skills are terrible and work load prevents it from
improving much, so offering patches is pretty much out of the question.
Sorry.

As for the ending error yes it occurs every time.

John

On 1/12/2012 6:57 AM, Speagle, Andy wrote:
> [...]
>
>> Any how this is what I've done:
>> [ChanMap]
>> rhel-x86_64-server-5=centos5-x86_64
>> rhel-x86_64-server-supplementary-5=centos5-x86_64-extras
>> rhel-x86_64-server-6=centos6-x86_64
>> rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6=centos6-x86_64-extras
>>
>> [ChanSuffixMap]
>> rhel-x86_64-server-5=R5-64
>> rhel-x86_64-server-supplementary-5=R5-64-S
>> rhel-x86_64-server-6=R6-64
>> rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6=R6-64-O
>>
>> Clearly I've at least confused the Suffix Map as I used both S and O.
>> Have I messed this up royally or what?
> The suffix map is intended to map official RHEL software channels from RHN with whatever names you gave your RHEL channels in spacewalk.  In my case, they're mostly the same, to save myself some hassle... but this allows you some flexibility in your channel naming convention.
>
>> Here are my channel labels and repos they point to:
>> centos5-x86_64 -- http://mirror.centos.org/centos-5/5/os/x86_64/
>> centos5-x86_64-extras -- http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/extras/x86_64/
>> centos5-x86_64-updates --
>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-5/5/updates/x86_64/
>>
>> centos6-x86_64 -- http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6/os/x86_64/
>> centos6-x86_64-extras -- http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/extras/x86_64/
>> centos6-x86_64-updates --
>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6/updates/x86_64/
> I wasn't aware that the CentOS maintainers published any official errata for their software... please clue me in if'n that's not the case.  Remember, just because they may be named the same thing, and lay down the exact same software; these packages are not the same.
>
>> I almost forgot, I'm getting this error when clone-errata exits:
>>> Skipping errata due to missing package(s)...
>>> RHSA-2008:0529
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "./rhn-clone-errata-0.9.0.py", line 807, in <module>
>>>     main()
>>>   File "./rhn-clone-errata-0.9.0.py", line 716, in main
>>>     0)
>>>   File "./rhn-clone-errata-0.9.0.py", line 445, in searchNVREA
>>>     return
>>>
>> self.server.packages.findByNvrea(self.rhnSession,name,version,release,arch
>> label)
>>>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1199, in __call__
>>>     return self.__send(self.__name, args)
>>>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1489, in __request
>>>     verbose=self.__verbose
>>>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1253, in request
>>>     return self._parse_response(h.getfile(), sock)
>>>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1392, in
>> _parse_response
>>>     return u.close()
>>>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 838, in close
>>>     raise Fault(**self._stack[0])
>>> xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault -1: 'redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: Could not
>>> find method: findByNvrea in class:
>>> com.redhat.rhn.frontend.xmlrpc.packages.PackagesHandler with params:
>>> [java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String,