[Spacewalk-list] centos-errata.py and announcement list format changes

Ian Forde ianforde at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 21:28:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:30 AM, David Nutter <david.nutter at bioss.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:49:43AM +0000, richard rigby wrote:
>>
>> hi david,
>>
>> excellent work - have just downloaded and updated, and all seems to be
>> working well again, thanks for your efforts.
>
> Thanks :)
>
>> i noticed there is a new requirement for python-lxml, which we didn't
>> have installed, but all is now back up and running.
>
> Ah yes, that's just to aid the screen scraping of stuff downloaded
> from the RedHat site. I will mention it in the docs for version
> 0.7. Release is hopefully imminent, just awaiting test results now.

Question - given that it focuses on the centos-announce mailing list,
when the CentOS project gets caught in a version squeeze (like when
RHEL 6.2 was released and CentOS didn't have 6.1 out the door yet),
they activate the CR repository.  Those announcements are made to the
centos-cr-announce mailing list.  Are there any plans to have an
option to utilize those archives?  Currently, I just make a copy of
the centos-errata.py script and edit it by hand, but it's something I
have to do for each version upgrade.  Of course, if this script is
eventually going away this may not be necessary, but...

  -I