[Spacewalk-list] API Call system.provisionVirtualGuest - Spacewalk 1.6

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Fri Jan 27 10:18:19 UTC 2012

On Thursday 26 of January 2012 23:21:43 Peter Purvis wrote:
> I'm attempting to create a new virtual system using the following xmlrpc
> command in ruby:
>
>     spacewalk.call("system.provisionVirtualGuest",token, {kvm-host-id}, "
> test.example.com" ,"CentOS-5-5-x86_64-kvm")
>
> I get the following error:
>
>      Could not find the needed Spacewalk provisioning packages given this
> system's current base channel and desired target channel: {0}

If I remember well, this message is displayed, when spacewalk-koan isn't
found. It needs to be in one of the channels the system is currently
subscribed to or in any child channel (of the current base ch.) the server can
be subscribed to - in that case the server would be subscribed to such a child
channel automatically.

Last time I just created a child channel with spacewalk-koan packages and it
worked for me.

> The base channel and the target channel have both koan and spacewalk-koan
> in the repo now that I have rhnpush'ed them in.
>
> a. Do I need this system to be in the cobbler database or in spacewalk
> before it can be provisioned?

No, the API creates cobbler system record for you.

The other option would be to try it over WebUI.

Regards,
Tomas
--
Tomas Lestach