[Spacewalk-list] Yet an other errata sync tool eva-direct-errata-sync.pl

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 14:13:16 UTC 2012

That should be doable without too much difficulty. I can think of two ways
to do it ill see if I have time to do the patch today.
The one thing I want to avoid is crossing distrobutions with erratas
because I've seen other scripts do it and cause unintended consiquences.
For example publishing a rhel package into a scientific linux repo because
the scientific linux rpm had an identical name. That in its self isn't
catostrophic but when you have two packages with the same name and version
in a repo yum gets undersandably confused and thows off a generic error
about the package being corupt.
this cross distrobution contamination happens because of several reasons
but its not something that can easily be fixed. So I will want to put a
very noticeable warning in the documentation about it.