[Spacewalk-list] rhnsd problem

ŚLIPEK Krzysztof krzysztof.slipek at bnpparibas.pl
Fri Jul 6 12:11:14 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have Spacewalk Server 1.5 and client servers with rhn* packages listed below (installed from spacewalk 1.5 yum repository):

rhn-check-1.5.16-1.el5

rhn-setup-1.5.16-1.el5

rhn-client-tools-1.5.16-1.el5

rhncfg-client-5.10.9-1.el5

rhnlib-2.5.41-1.el5

rhncfg-5.10.9-1.el5

rhn-setup-gnome-1.5.16-1.el5

yum-rhn-plugin-1.5.11-1.el5

rhnsd-4.7.0-10.el5

rhncfg-actions-5.10.9-1.el5

I've changed INTERVAL value in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd from default 240 minutes to 1440 (one day) and restarted rhnsd daemon. ps command shows that new interval was applied.

What is the possibly reason that servers since about 30 hours are not checked in RHN? Is 1440 not supported value?

And what may be the reason that sometimes (I've seen that in logs) rhnsd daemon executes not one but few rhn_check processes and CPU utilization at that moment is about 90%?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Chris

BNP Paribas Bank Polska SA z siedzibą w Warszawie przy ul. Suwak 3, zarejestrowany w Sądzie Rejonowym dla m. st. Warszawy, XIII Wydział Gospodarczy, KRS pod numerem 6421, NIP: 676-007-83-01, kapitał zakładowy 1 434 646 300 zł, w całości wpłacony.
BNP Paribas Bank Polska SA with its registered office in Warsaw at ul. Suwak 3, registered with the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw, XIII Commercial Division of the National Court Register (KRS) under No. 6421, VAT PL 6760078301, holding paid-up share capital of PLN 1,434,646,300.
BNP Paribas Bank Polska SA  disclaimer: http://www.bnpparibas.pl/legal/disclaimer.htm