[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk + Kickstart getting started questions

visinix the great visinix at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:33:34 UTC 2012

Hi Team,

Question #1

I was wondering if there is any /current/ documentation to get kickstart
going with spacewalk. Looking at the wiki we have this:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToKickstartCobbler

But my concern is that this references version 0.4 and the page was updated
2 years ago. Has the setup process really  not changed that much since?

Question #2

In that documentation, one of the first instructions is "Find some
distribution isos and mount them.".

What ISOs are normally used? Can I just get a CentOS{5..6}-min.iso and use
that for getting a server running?

I plan on not using PXE as most of our infa in virtualized (xen), so I
think just a bootable cd or media is what I need. (please correct me if I'm
doing this wrong)

Thanks for any help,
Charlie