[Spacewalk-list] Scheduling Updates Question - When do they run?

Charlie Reddington linuxsysad007 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:04:57 UTC 2012

Hey List,

I'm pretty new to spacewalk, and I was wondering if there is some sort of
official standard on when a scheduled update will run (without OSAD /
instant). In our setup, I had a few machines I wanted to update, and I have
a tight change window to do this in. So I scheduled it to start no earlier
than 7am. One server started up at 7:01, the other 2 machines didn't update
after 10 minutes so I ran updates via YUM.

First question:

I know for sure that the servers had checked in and I believe they got
their marching orders. But when should I expect this job to run?

Second question:

If I use OSAD to do instant updates. Can I schedule jobs to run 'no earlier
than $x' and have it start right away at whatever I set $x to?

My end goal is that I want jobs to start at a specific time (start of my
change window) and then all I have to do is manually go through and verify
/ reboot.

Thanks for any info,
Charlie