[Spacewalk-list] How to send remote commands

Brian Weddell bweddell at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 5 19:23:24 UTC 2012

I'm new to this functionality of Spacewalk.  I'm running version 1.7.

My clients for the most part are CentOS 5.8.

I tried to run a simple command and it isn't working (I'll go into more detail).

Here is the process I followed:
Clicked on Systems
Selected one or all and selected Manage (shows non-zero number of systems
selected)
Under Provisioning, I selected remote commands

The next screen says the following script will be scheduled to run on the
systems listed below:
There are no systems just under this text or at the bottom of the screen.

Anyway, I put in a simple ls command under #!/bin/sh.
When I click on Schedule Remote Command, it says

No systems.

This sounds like I'm simply not doing this right.  Can someone tell me what I'm
doing wrong?

Oh, and by the way I did turn on the add-on entitlement of provisioning as part
of this.  I thought it might be relevant but there was no change.