[Spacewalk-list] Internal Server Errors

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 08:13:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 08:09:34PM +0200, Dirk Hartel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried the nightly build of spacewalk 1.8 (was a mistake).
> Since the first nightly update, some functions are no longer working:
>
> I've got Internal Server Errors if I tried to
>
> subscribe subchannels to systems
> delete RPMs from custom channels
>
> Any idea?

You say "since the first nightly update". Please note that Spacewalk
nightly does *not* provide working and verified update / upgrade path.
If you've installed Spacewalk nightly on say May 31 and then run yum
upgrade on June 5, I'd be surprised if things did not break. Your
schema is now likely out of sync, for example.

There are experienced Spacewalk users/admins who are able to follow
nightly but they are on their own with schema upgrades and
configuration changes and so on.

The best advice is probably to ditch that Spacewalk nightly
installation and go with Spacewalk 1.7.

Yours,

--
Jan Pazdziora