[Spacewalk-list] Publishing errata problem

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 20:17:22 UTC 2012

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:01:35 +0200 ŚLIPEK Krzysztof
<krzysztof.slipek at bnpparibas.pl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've changed settings on my Spacewalk 1.5 and I publish errata
> manually now. I have server where Kernel:
>
> 2.6.18-308.4.1.el5
>
> is installed. A few days ago kernel version 2.6.18-308.8.2.el5
> was published by Red Hat and this errata is not published on
> my Spacewalk server.
>
> I have a question - why on errata list on this server I don't
> see published errata with intermediate kernel version
> 2.6.18-308.8.1.el5?
>
> On System Overview in column Errata I don't see errata with
> kernel 308.8.1 (which is published and I want to install), but
> in column Packages I see packages with kernel 308.8.2 - is
> this correct?
>

> Thanks for your help and best regards,
>
> Chris

Hello,
not sure if I understood your question. But, do you have
packages/erratas synced correctly from Red Hat (rhn.redhat.com)?

Do you see the package in:
  Channels -> <channel_where_that_kernel_should_be> -> Packages

Do you see the errata in:
  Channels -> <channel_where_that_kernel_should_be> -> Errata

Do you see updated kernel package in:
  Systems -> <your_system_with_old_kernel> -> Software -> Packages -> Upgrade

Do you see the errata in:
  Systems -> <your_system_with_old_kernel> -> Software -> Errata

Also, you are using old Spacewalk version, so you might want to
upgrade to get all available fixes.

Regards,
Jan

--