[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk kickstart in a DHCP setting

Velayutham, Prakash Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Fri Jun 22 04:18:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

We have a network segment which does not have the Next Server set even though there is working DHCP in that segment. To install systems in that segment, I have created a Cobbler boot ISO.

Everything works as expected during install, but the system comes up with a hostname of "localhost.localdomain" instead of what I pass during the boot command line using "hostname=fqdn". Any idea why this is and how to remedy this?

Thanks,
Prakash