[Spacewalk-list] virtual servers on citrix xen server connecting?

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri Jun 22 07:28:21 UTC 2012

Am 19.06.12 11:14, schrieb Jan Pazdziora:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 03:28:31PM +0200, Götz Reinicke wrote:
>>
>> I started to setup and install a new spacewalk 1.7 system and try to
>> connect some physical and virtual servers with different architecture
>> and centos releases.
>>
>> I managed to set up (hopefully) all required channels and repositories
>> and did sucessfull 'rhnreg_ks' register some servers.
>>
>> The physical servers do get listed with warnings regarding available
>> updates in the System Overview. But all Virtual Guests show up OK.
>
> Are the virtual guests subscribed to some channels? In other words,
> does the Spacewalk server know what software you plan to have
> installed on them?
>
> Does yum upgrade command on the virtual guest(s) show some channels
> and offer some upgrades?

Hi Jan,

some sort of magic ... after one day +- some hours the virtual guest(s)
showed up in spacewalk needing some upgrades. So I'd say the
connection/registration virtual guest <-> spacewalk works.

But now I'm faced with an other problem:

All systems registered don't get any yum .... updates any more and the
scheduled pushed updates aren't pushed.

yum update shows an error, that there are errors communication with RHN
ant that RHN support is disabled. The message is: Internal Server Error

Any ideas what might be broken now?

This error occurs to me out of nothing ... as updating systems worked :-/

How may I debug that? Any clues?

	Thanks for any hints :-) Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: