[Spacewalk-list] FQDN required?

Duncan Mac-Vicar P. dmacvicar at suse.de
Wed Mar 14 12:51:27 UTC 2012

Hi

I just tested our codebase based on 1.7 with full Oracle 11 (not 10 XE)
and without setting up any FQDN (vm on a private network, linux as
hostname) and Spacewalk seems to work. I haven't tested lot of stuff of
course.

I remember that 1.2 code with Oracle 10 XE was very sensitive to the
FQDN. Was this the reason for
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PackageManagement/Spacewalk to specify "A
fully qualified domain name (FQDN)" as a requirement or are there more
pieces that will break without one?

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany