[Spacewalk-list] Unable to login after creation of admin account

Rob Smith kormoc at gmail.com
Tue May 1 00:00:30 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I am currently running a fully updated centos 6.2 machine and I'm attempting to install spacewalk 1.7 on it. I've been following the directions at:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSQLServerSetup

And the initial install appears to go smoothly. I get everything setup and the services start. I'm then instructed to go to the host and create a initial account. I do so and then when I go to log in with the account I just created, I just keep getting redirected to the login screen. If I type in a bad password, I get an error, but with the correct password, just the login screen and no messages.

I've checked every log I could find (/var/log/tomcat6/* /var/log/rhn/* /var/log/httpd/*) and there are no errors I can see.

I've also checked in the database and I see a entry for my user in the web_contact table, so it appears that it was created correctly.

I've also verified that dns resolves correctly forward and reverse for the host.

I've tried going back to 1.6 and using the 1.7 nightly builds (1.8 reported by the webui) and I receive the same behavior. I've turned on/off iptables and selinux to no avail.

So I'm lost as to where to go from here. How can I debug this?

Thanks so much for your time,
~Rob