[Spacewalk-list] high availabilty and spacewalk SSLs

Musayev, Ilya imusayev at webmd.net
Thu May 3 18:30:17 UTC 2012

I'm trying to design spacewalk environment with HA in mind.

The proposed layout as follows

2 master server
   masterspwlk-ny.example.com as a hostname and CNAME myspacewalk.example.com - ACTIVE host
   masterspwlk-ca.example.com as a hostname and CNAME myspacewalk.example.com - STANDBY host, the CNAME flip will occur only if ACTIVE host fails.

2 spacewalk proxy hosts (connects to myspacewalk.example.com)
  spwlk-proxy-ny.example.com with CNAME spwlk-ny.example.com
  spwlk-proxy-ca.example.com with CNAME spwlk-ca.example.com

My problem, the SSL certificates are bounded to hostname and when client gets the cert - it complains about cert mismatch. For example, the cert was issued to masterspwlk-ny.example.com, but the host that is being use is myspacewalk.example.com.

How would I mitigate this issue, can I recreate the certificates with CNAME, what would be the procedure? Can I have multiple certs on master and proxy hosts?

Any feedback is appreciated,

Thanks
ilya