[Spacewalk-list] Internal oracle error viewing a registered system on 1.7

Patrick Mi patrick.mi at touchpoint.co.nz
Tue May 8 05:13:37 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I have got 1.7 installed on Centos 5 (x86_64). Oracle database is not the
one comes with the package but an instance on our standard Oracle server(10g
Release 10.2.0.1.0)

The server runs OK and I have successfully registered a client with the
server.
Created one base channel and did the installing RPM package on client
machine without problem.
After I created 4 sub channels under the base channel and synchronised the
repository I got the error view the registered system.

The error in tomcat log says:
com.redhat.rhn.common.db.datasource.CachedStatement - Error while processing
cached statement sql: SELECT  COUNT(pn.id) AS COUNT
  FROM  rhnPackageName PN,
        (
         SELECT  SOP.package_name_id AS name_id, MAX(PE.evr) evr
           FROM  rhnPackageEVR PE, rhnServerOutdatedPackages SOP
          WHERE  SOP.server_id = ?
            AND  SOP.package_evr_id = PE.id
       GROUP BY  SOP.package_name_id
         ) full_list
 WHERE  full_list.name_id = PN.id
com.redhat.rhn.common.db.WrappedSQLException: ORA-03113: end-of-file on
communication channel

Restarted the server and it didn't help either.

Checked the oracle log and it is an oracle internal error caused by the
query. I have registered the error with Oracle support centre but yet to get
an answer.

Searched the archived list and found the similar post here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-January/msg00117.html
but didn't see a solution though.

Has anyone else got the same problem? Any temporary fix?

Regards,
Patrick