[Spacewalk-list] spacecmd system search command problem

Nathan Butcher nbutcher at dtst.com.au
Wed May 9 02:18:17 UTC 2012

Actually it has fixed some of them, but there are some hosts registered in spacewalk without a full FQDN, and these ones don't show up.

and interestingly I have this issue:-

system_search hostname:*

will not show the hosts up, but if I were to be a bit more specific with the hostname that I'm looking for

system_search hostname:sis

"sis-server" (for example) shows up, whereas it wouldn't with a wildcard *.

So my question is two pronged:
(1) why is it doing that, and
(2) how can I ensure that servers register to spacewalk with FQDN? I changed /etc/sysconfig/network to ensure that it had the hostname as full FQDN, but that's still not working right.

Cheers,