[Spacewalk-list] RHEL 4 client management

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Thu May 10 11:45:36 UTC 2012

hello,
I've been searching a bit more around this issue and the answer is not
as simple as the one Jan gave:
- the up2date client doesn't provide the arch information to the SW server
- the offending code is in registration.py:
for package in packages:
            server.add_package(package)
        server.save_packages() <-- crashes here
- in registration.py, the function _normalize_packages well..
normalizes the package!
In this function, the interesting part is:
 else:
                    p = {'name'   : package[0],
                         'version': package[1],
                         'release': package[2],
                         'epoch'  : package[3],
                        }
                    if len(package) > 4:
                        p['arch'] = package[4]
                    if len(package) > 5:
                        p['cookie'] = package[5]

 As the up2date client doest not provide the arch information,
p['arch'] is never set.

So I can't set it to None.

Could you give me some advices on the best behavior?

For infomation, here is the package that crashes Spacewalk:
 $ rpm -q --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} %{ARCH}\n' gpg-pubkey
gpg-pubkey-db42a60e-37ea5438 (none)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Pierre