[Spacewalk-list] RHEL 4 client management

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:56:08 UTC 2012

I managed to get the packages that are not synced.
The packages are gpg-pubkey and 8 packages not provided by redhat,
which are not in any channel of my spacewalk server.

To go further down, I need to understand how arch detection works:
- If I modifiy python code to set to None the arch field if it is
empty, the package sync is working, but all packages are listed with
architecture set as "not specified"
- The up2date client does not provide the arch information to the
spacewalk server (as we can see in the traceback)
- With the actual python code, the sync is done partially (909
packages out of 918) but the arch is set

Where does spacewalk find the arch information when it is not provided
by the client?

Thanks,

Pierre