[Spacewalk-list] how to push security patches only

Joshua Roys Joshua.Roys at gtri.gatech.edu
Fri May 11 19:59:17 UTC 2012

On 05/11/2012 12:27 PM, Veeravalli, Prabhakar wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> Can you please guide me to accomplish the following:
>
> 1.Where are the spacewalk configuration files located by default?
>
> 2.How do you lock/unlock a system from command-line?
>
> 3.How do we specify to push only security patch for a server i.e.
> equivalent to yum update –security
>
> 4.Where are the patch report saved i.e. which patches were applied,
> removed, etc.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thank you
>
> -PV

Hello,

Configuration files are stored in the database on the spacewalk server.

I would look into `spacecmd` for 2 & 3.  I see a "system_lock" and
"system_unlock" command for #2, and there are some errata commands you
might be able to use to accomplish #3.  If there's nothing currently
existing, you could either enhance spacecmd or write your own script
using spacewalk's API (see errata.getDetails which returns a string
"type" which, if I had to guess, will correspond with "Security
Advisory", "Product Enhancement Advisory", and "Bug Fix Advisory").

The actions taken and their results are also stored in the database and
either accessible through the web interface or the API (see
schedule.listCompletedActions and similar, along with the schedule_FOO
spacecmd commands).

Hope to help,

Josh

p.s. see http://spacewalk.redhat.com/documentation/api/1.7/ for api docs