[Spacewalk-list] osad offline as of unknown

rhn-satellite at epperson.homelinux.net rhn-satellite at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri May 18 18:31:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 13:52, Brown, Rodrick wrote:
> I'm trying to get osa-dispatcher working so far I see both client and
> server connecting to Jabber however in the WEBUI on the OSA Status field
> it states "offline as of unknown"
>
> I'm not seeing any exceptions, and attempts to ping the host does not
> update the OSA status.
>
> My jobs I schedule from spacewalk are getting dispatched in real-time and
> only seem to work when I manually invoke rhn_check is invoked.

Interesting.  I've been working a case with similar characteristics with
Red Hat support for over a month now (we have a Red Hat Satellite
license).  The UI shows what you describe but "last checkin" gets
regularly updated.  The logs on client and satellite also show the clients
checking in.  tcpdump shows regular communication.  But scheduled events
take hours to get picked up, if they get picked up at all.

We've tested a beta osad patch that's supposed to take care of timeout
disconnects (such as a firewall might impose), to no avail.