[Spacewalk-list] registration at kickstart problem

Bill Gunter bill.gunter at ni.com
Thu May 24 10:15:05 UTC 2012

According to the GUI there's no universal default key. However, any key I
attach to the kickstart profile to set a specific base channel is rejected
with the error below unless it matches the architecture of one specific
channel. i.e. if I kickstart with RHEL 5 x86_64 autoreg works fine without
any additional key. However, kickstarting with RHEL 5 i386 fails the
autoreg with a "bad architecture" no matter if I attach another key or
not. Manual reg using any key I wish works fine.

It's like there's a hidden universal default  key that wants to set the
base channel to RHEL 5 x86_64.

--
Bill Gunter, RHCSA  | Unix Administrator | National Instruments Ireland |
bill.gunter at ni.com  | Ph:+353 1 247 5935