[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-dobby problem

stefano ciavarella stefano.ciavarella at gmail.com
Fri May 25 08:45:06 UTC 2012

Hello,
another day , another problem..... :)

spacewalk-dump-schema --db=XE --user=spacewalk --password=password >
spacewalk-oracle.dump
DBI connect('XE','spacewalk',...) failed: ORA-24327: need explicit attach
before authenticating a user (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin) at
/usr/bin/spacewalk-dump-schema line 41

While I'm trying to migrate to postgresql , --db=xe lowercase didn't help.

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 9:21 PM, stefano ciavarella <
stefano.ciavarella at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks alot for your fast answer Miroslav . I'll migrate to postgresql
> soon .
> Il giorno 24/mag/2012 20:58, "Miroslav Suchy" <msuchy at redhat.com> ha
> scritto:
>
> On 24.5.2012 18:24, stefano ciavarella wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I'm trying to extend oracle xe database because it's full ( 4gb ) . When
>>> ( as oracle user ) i use db-control i got :
>>>
>>> -bash-3.2$ db-control
>>> Can't open config file '/etc/rhn/default/rhn_dobby.**conf': Permission
>>> denied at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.**8.8/PXT/Config.pm line 71.
>>>
>>> any ideas ???
>>>

>> db-control was intended for embedded Oracle DB of RHN Satellite.
>>
>> It was never intended for Oracle XE or even standalone Oracle DB.
>>
>> And if you use Oracle XE 10g, then 4GB is your limit set by Oracle.
>> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/**B25329_01/doc/install.102/**
>> b25143/toc.htm#BABFCCBC<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B25329_01/doc/install.102/b25143/toc.htm#BABFCCBC>
>>
>> You have to upgrade to Oracle XE 11g, which has limit 11 GB or buy full
>> license. db-control has nothing to do with this limit.
>>
>> I recommend you to migrate to PostgreSQL:
>> https://fedorahosted.org/**spacewalk/wiki/**PostgreSQLFromOracle<https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSQLFromOracle>
>>
>> Mirek Suchy

Stefano Ciavarella