[Spacewalk-list] SW 1.8: Still Permission Error on proxy details page

Patrick Hurrelmann patrick.hurrelmann at lobster.de
Fri Nov 2 13:20:33 UTC 2012

Hi List,

after Update of SW from 1.7 to 1.8 I'm again facing a "Permission Error"
when trying to access the proxy details page.

The following error is logged in apache:

[Fri Nov 02 14:13:17 2012] [error] acl fail: user_role(org_admin);
system_feature(ftr_proxy_capable); org_channel_family(rhn-proxy);
child_channel_candidate(rhn-proxy) at
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/PXT/ApacheAuth.pm line 141.

According to a mail from Jan Pazdziora back in January
(https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-January/msg00110.html)
there is/was a patch for this. Editing
/etc/httpd/conf.d/zz-spacewalk-www.conf was enough.

I guess my local patched version was reverted with the update to 1.8, as
spacewalk-config-1.8.6-1.el6.noarch.rpm still contains the unpatched config.

No my question is, was this patch omitted by reason? Or is there any
other/better fix?

Thanks and regards
Patrick

--
Lobster LOGsuite GmbH, Münchner Straße 15a, D-82319 Starnberg

HRB 178831, Amtsgericht München
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martin Fischer, Rolf Henrich