[Spacewalk-list] rhn-ssl-tool inconsistency

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Fri Nov 2 16:09:00 UTC 2012

Jan,

When I check the help for --gen-server on 1.7 this is what I see:

rhn-ssl-tool --gen-server --help
Usage: rhn-ssl-tool [options]

If confused, please refer to the man page or other documentation
for sample usage.

  --gen-server          generate the web server's SSL key set, RPM and tar
                        archive. Review "--gen-server --help" for more
                        information.
  --server-key=SERVER_KEY
                        the web server's SSL private key filename (default:
                        server.key)
  --server-cert-req=SERVER_CERT_REQ
                        location of the web server's SSL certificate request
                        filename (default: server.csr)
  -p PASSWORD, --password=PASSWORD
                        CA password
  --ca-cert=CA_CERT     CA certificate filename (default: RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-
                        CERT)
  --ca-key=CA_KEY       CA private key filename (default: RHN-ORG-PRIVATE-SSL-
                        KEY)
  --startdate=STARTDATE
                        start date for the web server's SSL certificate
                        validity (format: YYMMDDHHMMSSZ - where Z is a letter;
                        default is 1 week ago: 121026155251Z)
  --server-cert=SERVER_CERT
                        the web server SSL certificate filename (default:
                        server.crt)

This seems to be in conflict with what is in the man page, which as you say makes no mention of --ca-cert under --gen-server.

Robert Boyd
Sr System Engineer | Peoplefluent
p. 919-645-2972 | c. 919-306-4681

e. Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com