[Spacewalk-list] Customize pxeboot menus?

Stepan Rogov rogov at post.km.ru
Wed Nov 21 12:02:10 UTC 2012

On 21.11.2012 15:02, Robert O'Connor wrote:
> Hi folks - I'm wanting to customize my /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default
> menu such that one of the menu items (i.e spacewalk kickstart
> profiles) points the kickstart client to boot off another tftp server.
> Seeing as the kickstart stuff is all spacewalk-managed is it possible
> to (say) create a dummy kickstart profile which would add the required
> menu item?   Of course modifying the 'default' file directly results
> in it being overwritten each time changes are made in spacewalk.
>
> The way I'm currently fudging this is adding a mac address-specific
> 'next-server' entry in the dhcp configs for the desired clients to
> boot of the alternate tftp server but this is not an ideal solution
> for me.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rob.

Hi Rob.

Cobbler  is responsible for kickstarts and pxe-menu.
Default template is located in /etc/cobbler/pxe/pxedefault.template.

Read the following to understand how to edit the templates:
https://github.com/cobbler/cobbler/wiki/kickstart%20templating
http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/docs/users_guide_html/users_guide.html

Also see the documentation for cobbler.