[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-postgresql-1.8.6-1.el5.noarch.rpm requires postgresql84-contrib

Jeremy Davis jdavis4102 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 16:21:55 UTC 2012

My apologizes, I looked at the wrong contrib package for the provides. I
thought postgresql84-contrib had the provides for postgresql-contrib but it
doesn't as you say. It was the 9.1 postgresql91-contrib package that has
the provides. Seems like postgresql84-contrib could be updated to reflect
this but that is something that would need to change on RHEL (Which I still
recommend changing that package as it is a good standard to use just as the
9.1 package is doing). I will go ahead and use the 84 client packages with
9.1 to start and maybe switch them out after the upgrade.

Please disregard this email now as this whole email was relying on
postgresql84-contrib having a provides for postgresql-contrib like the
postgresq91-contrib package does but it doesn't so my recommendation is
null. Not sure how I didn't catch that. Sorry to have wasted your time on
this as I thought I checked before I sent this email.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Regards,
Jeremy