[Spacewalk-list] Server on SUSE

Ciro Iriarte cyruspy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:15:22 UTC 2012

2012/11/27 Peter Albrecht <albrecht at opensourceservices.de>

> Hi,
>
> On Monday 26 November 2012 23:24:19 Ciro Iriarte wrote:
> > Hi!, is it possible to run Spacewalk and mirror updates for SLES and
> > RHEL?
>
> I haven't tried it yet but it should be possible.
>
> > I've seen a spacewalk repo at software.opensuse.org but there seems to
> > lack some of the server bits, am I right?.
>
> You could check out SUSE Manager, which is based on Spacewalk. The ISO is
> available here:
>
> http://download.novell.com
>
> (just search for SUSE Manager).
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter
>
> Hi!, from what I've understood, Suse Manager can only fetch updates from
Novell/SuSE for SLES and RHEL:

" SUSE Manager is not allowed to pull patches from Redhat Network upstream
but will get them from the Novell Customer Center (NCC)"

Ref:
http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/SUSE_Manager/FAQ#How_can_you_guarantee_that_SUSE_Manager_is_in_fact_a_drop-in_replacement_for_RH_Satellite_Server.3F

I can see a *backend-server package on the OBS repo, but I can't find the
spacewalk-setup utility.

Ciro Iriarte
http://cyruspy.wordpress.com