[Spacewalk-list] /home missing after kickstart

Giovanni Torres giovtorres at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 20:07:59 UTC 2012

I started running into an issue where /home is missing after a kickstart.  If I remove everything from the post section, it is still missing.  So, that doesn't seem to be the culprit.  If I do a blank kickstart, i.e. no activation keys, no groups, no config channels, etc., the /home directory is there.  It seems something happens when I try to automatically add an activation key with additional options.
The filesystem rpm is installed.  I checked the logs in /root after the kickstart and I don't see anything in there that might give an indication why this is happening.  All I see is "useradd: cannot create directory /home/<user>" and "mkdir: cannot create directory '/home/dir': No such file or directory.
I could add an if statement to the beginning of the post section to create the home directory if it does not already exist, but I feel I shouldn't have to and I'd prefer to find out why this is happening.
This happens on both my EL 5 and 6 kickstarts.  (I am running Spacewalk 1.7.)
Anyone run into this before?
Thanks,Giovanni