[Spacewalk-list] Pushing updates to a Spacewalk Client

J.W. slone jslonejr at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 15:17:02 UTC 2012

What is OSAD and how does it work

________________________________
From: Jeremy Maes <jma at schaubroeck.be>
To: J.W. slone <jslonejr at yahoo.com>; spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2012 1:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Pushing updates to a Spacewalk Client

Op 29/11/2012 23:19, J.W. slone schreef:

Trying to push Updates to Centos 5.7 client ...

>1) Click on Software tab within  Client Test01
>2) Click on Install
>3) Click on Select All
>4) Click on Install Selected Pacakges
>5) Select Schedule action as soon as possible
>6) Click on Confirm
> Wait for five or ten minutes nothing seems to happen. What am I missing
>
>I am  trying to prevent Packager Updater from showing on the user's workstation. I want to control all the package updates to one Patch night per week or month. Do have any thoughts?

If you're not using osad then actions don't get pushed to the clients. Rather a client will check in with the server every 4 hours (by default, see /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd to change it) and pull in any actions the spacewalk server has scheduled for it. So to actually see if your action works automatically as it should you have to wait until the next time the client checks in, which might be up to 4 hours.

Of course you can always manually force a check on the client by running the rhn_check command.

Regards,
Jeremy

**** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm